Business benefits of having a remote team
The pandemic and quarantine in March 2020 irrevocably changed the perception of the workplace, office and corporate culture. In emergency conditions, even those business areas that a month before the quarantine did not imagine the digitalization of processes to such an extent managed to adapt to the online format and remote teamwork: law, theater, photography, accounting, engineering, etc. Tell us about the advantages of remote work for business.
The concept of a remote team?
Remote workers can do their jobs from anywhere. They must use information and communication technology to stay in touch with the employer and work effectively as a team. However, the remote team still works as a single organism and communicates online. Effective teamwork is a virtual meeting in iMind's video application.
What are the features of remote teams?
The number of remote vacancies in employment services is constantly increasing. In addition, the need for specialists in various disciplines is growing, remote work is provided without experience. In addition, the job may require you to work all day on the phone and possibly part-time or full-time.
However, despite the fact that remote employment seems convenient to everyone, this type of employment has a number of nuances:
- Your self-organization must be at a very high level. At home, there's always the temptation to get distracted or hang out on social media; as a result, deadlines, fines, dismissals are possible, which is not good for a team working in business.
- You should have your own workplace - a child running nearby; a barking dog that wants to involve you in a game; a working TV - all this can greatly distract from work and lead to negative results.
- Issues of frequent power outages or internet outages will most often be problems for your teamwork.
However, there are many more benefits to working remotely. Let's look at them.
What are the benefits of remote teams?
Working from home frees up time and money for commuting, which is one of the key benefits for employees (subways and buses, gas, maintenance, fares, and so on). You get an extra couple of hours of life per day. As a result, the stress level during remote work, according to statistics, also decreases. However, let's talk about the benefits of remote team management for business owners.
Business teams that work remotely are more efficient. This was confirmed, for example, by researchers from Stanford University, who found that working from home increases productivity by an average of 13%. The experts themselves called it a "big improvement", who were shocked by the results.
Less time for meetings
Companies that allow remote work tend to have fewer meetings and end them earlier. There is more time for effective work. Every meeting avoided by asynchronous communication saves money.
Higher qualification of employees
Remote work attracts highly skilled professionals who are motivated, organized and able to take on personal responsibility.
Allows you to work flexible hours and manage your workflow at your own pace when you are most productive. It follows that such work is suitable only for disciplined individuals with a high level of self-organization and self-control. The second advantage is flexibility.
Advanced training for the best employees
You can send the best employees who work remotely abroad to study. In addition, studies show that remote employees stay longer than in-office employees.
Get access to the best talent from around the world
No matter where they live, you can hire great people. As a result, the work produced is of higher quality, and hiring programmers and other employees is cheaper.
How do you know if a remote team is right for you?
Not everyone knows how to work remotely. To successfully transfer an employee to remote work without regret, the following qualities are required:
- Discipline. There is no supervising leader. The person must work independently and meet project deadlines. Do not watch funny movies or play games.
- Organization. The employee must plan his working day and follow this plan. He must remember all the tasks and complete them on time.
- Independence. The employee is more independent when working remotely. It makes more autonomous judgments when working remotely than in the office. Such a choice must be able to make the worker alone.
- Responsibility. When working remotely, managing the process is more difficult. The employee is obliged to responsibly approach each task, fulfill all requirements and meet deadlines.
Check if you can hire such people and if you approve of the work environment.
When carefully weighing the advantages and disadvantages of telecommuting, one conclusion becomes clear: this type of employment is best suited for experienced workers who do not require outside help. You might think of remote work as a way to increase your income. For people who live in tiny towns with few employees, this is extremely reassuring. In addition, online freelancers are sometimes paid higher than what is offered in the local job market.