Videoconferencing learning practices
If you want to be successful, you must make the most of technology. Teaching, as one of the most significant activities in people's lives, occupies one of the first places in the need to use modern solutions. Video conferencing with students is the first thing to consider when discussing modernized education.
Video conferencing and online learning
When people were in quarantine for a long time, video conferencing was the best solution to continue the necessary activities. This applies to remote communication with family and friends, business matters and the educational process. Videoconferencing in education is now an indispensable part that simplifies everything.
Opportunities and benefits of video conferencing in online learning
We combine these characteristics because most of the features are the benefits of online meetings. By exploring this technology in the realm of virtual learning, you discover:
- multiple opportunities to save time - due to the remote nature of videoconferencing, time tagging has less impact on our schedule and allows us to study at the same time in case of busy daytime;
- portability - the ability to use video conferencing software on multiple devices makes it convenient to use anywhere: on the go or at home;
- resource saving - labor costs for organizing a lesson on the spot, the amount of money that everyone pays to get to the place, etc.
The list is not limited. For example, for school teachers, video conferencing in the classroom makes it easier to work with documentation and participate in teacher meetings. And such benefits are available for most distance learning formats.
How can a modern teacher use video calls?
For the modern teacher, video conferencing features open up numerous opportunities for interactive work. For best results, consider screen sharing, whiteboarding, and conference recording. They are effective for both categories of students: regularly attending and studying in absentia.
Thus, you can conduct lessons, individual consultations and additional classes. It works even better with virtual classrooms or other platforms, acting as a workspace for task assignment, execution, review, and evaluation.
Tips & Tricks
To use video conferencing productively, consider the following tips:
- work to overcome social barriers - make your communication more egalitarian, because no matter who the people in life are, they are all students in the class;
- establish and communicate ground rules and guidelines - organize and simplify your work model;
- be aware of less explicit forms of communication - distinguish yourself as a teacher, and them as students (especially useful if people of different age groups attend classes);
- make eye contact with the camera in the classroom - you don't see your students face to face, but you can simulate eye contact, which is so important for conveying information;
- use relaxation exercises - hard work is good when it is appropriately alternated with relaxing and relaxing exercises.
Whatever technologies you use, most of them still depend on the behavior of the teacher. So take the chance to use approaches that are relevant for distance education and consider its problems.
Being a productive teacher is getting more and more difficult, but changing your approaches and improving your skills can eliminate the problems associated with it. Use the potential of video conferencing to the maximum, and you will see the undeniable advantages of distance learning.